Guys, I think these are my best muffins yet. They are soft, fluffy, moist and delicious! the outcome of these came out amazingly. My family seemed to like them too 😉
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp milk (can sub with almond milk)
- 3 tbsp honey (can sub with agave or maple syrup. add more if you like it sweeter)
- 3 tsp unrefined organic brown sugar*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp olive oil**
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
*Brown sugar can be substituted with coconut sugar, more honey/agave/maple syrup.
**Olive oil can be replaced with coconut oil, vegetable oil, grape seed oil, canola oil.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F and line muffin tin with paper liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin puree, 1 cup milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and stir. Add In the honey, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder oil and egg white and stir well. Sieve through the flour and stir until combined well. Add in the 1 tbsp milk and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- spoon into muffin tin until about 3/4 full.
- Bake in oven for about 22-25 min until golden brown, turning tray about halfway through cooking. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Let cool for 5 min before removing from tray and enjoy!! 🙂