I’m a big fan of bananas, oats and breakfast. These banana oat bars are perfect for on the go in the morning or just as a snack when you are feeling a little hungry! I love to make these at night and have them all week to put in my little sisters and my lunchbox for school! 🙂 They are so simple and contain only wholesome ingredients!
- 2 cups rolled/steel cut oats
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (or yellow bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Line a rectangular baking tray or Pyrex with baking paper (or spray with cooking spray) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oats, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Add the mashed banana and egg whites and mix until well combined.
- Place mixture into tray and smooth out until even, bake in oven for 15-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Let cool for 5 minutes, slice into individual pieces and enjoy! 🙂