Recently my brother gained an interest in granola. I liked granola but never really bought it because store bought granola is usually full of added sugars and other ingredients refined ingredients. Which is why I decided to go on the hunt for a yummy, easy but healthy granola recipe.
I must say, after making it 2 times i’m LOVING what it. You can add in whatever ingredients you like to suit your taste buds! Also, while it is cooking, your house will smell so amazing and you wont be able to stop eating it!
- 2 1/2 cups rolled/steel cut oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts/walnuts/pecans (optional)
- 1 large egg white, lightly whipped until just frothy
- pinch of salt
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F), grease/line a baking tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. In a small saucepan, place honey, coconut (or vegetable) oil, vanilla extract, salt and heat over medium heat until honey is melted and runny (stirring ingredients until well combined).
- Pour honey mixture into bowl with oats mixture, stir in the egg white and mix together until all of the oat mixture is covered.
- Pour oats onto tray and spread out evenly, leaving a few clumps of oats so that you can get those chunks of granola too! Bake for 15-20 minutes or until dry/not too wet to touch, turning the tray every few minutes to ensure that it is baked evenly.
- Take out and let cool, top on Greek yoghurt with your favourite toppings or whatever you like and enjoy!! 🙂