How many of you have tried to make healthy cookies or a healthy copy cat of your favorite dessert and it just hasnt turnedout right or just wasn’t the same?Well ive done that quite a few times 😛 but not this time! This healthy cookie is just (OMG). It is my first time making them and I am actually SO happy with the outcome. They were SO easy to make too! I made these with my little sister and it was a great way for us to do something together!
Crispy on the edges and soft and chewy on the inside with that gooey chocolate feeling! So far they have been approved by both my little sister (who is really picky when it comes to healthy foods, and my brother!) These cookies are a must try!
I adapted the recipe a little (Original recipe is by Amy’s Healthy Baking) by using less flour and added a scoop of vanilla Whey Isolate protein powder to give it an extra protein boost, I used this one . You may use any you prefer or you can just skip the protein and stick to the original recipe if you like! I do not recommend using plant protein because it tends to be more absorbent and this will result in dry/crumbly cookies!
The original link to the recipe will be posted further below!
- 1 cup (100g) instant oats (measured correctly & gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or gluten-free* flour (measured correctly)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey protein powder* (Optional, see NOTES)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (64g) homemade peanut butter (or any smooth peanut butter)
- ½ cup (120mL) honey
- 3 tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chips
NOTES: If you decide to omit the protein powder, add an extra 1/4 cup flour to the mixture.
All protein powders have a different absorbency, if your mix seems to dry add 2 teaspoons at a time of milk, if it seems to wet add 2 teaspoons of flour at a time until desired consistency has been reached!
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, protein powder and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the honey. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold 2 1/2 TBSP dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (180C) , and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to the desired thickness and width. Gently press the remaining chocolate chips into the tops. Bake at 325°F for 11-14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Original recipe is by Amy’s Healthy Baking! Link to original recipe is here !
If you try these, please tell me what you think by either commenting below or on my Instagram ( @effe_bbg ) ! Enjoy! 🙂